When you are going to setup a new website for your business, brand, portfolio or for a service you’ll need a hosting platform that will host the website of yours for you. A web hosting is a service or a platform that provides services to provide you best tools and services to put your website on the internet, that can be viewed by anyone having the link. These websites are saved and stored on special devices called servers. When a user enters the URL of your website along with the domain of your website the server is accessed and it shows the relevant webpages to the user through internet.
There are many web hosting services providers in the market due to the increased use of internet. Every small to small brand wants a website related to the brand and accessible to the online users/customers. So, every brand owner, businessman, services providers, and so on have their websites on the internet whether they are on small scale or large scale.
The most popular webhosting providers are:
- HostGator Cloud
- A Small Orange
They differ from each other based on the services and tools they provide for hosting the websites and pricing. The most commonly used are the BLUEHOST and SITEGROUNG.
The Bluehost hosting is a bit pricier than the SiteGround based on the almost same services and tools.
In this article we’ll be focusing why SITEGROUND is better option for the website hosting services, its features, pros and cons, and last but not the least its packages and pricing.
SiteGround is a web hosting company founded in 2004 by a few university friends. In most recent data, it reports servicing more than 1,700,000 domains worldwide. It provides shared hosting, cloud hosting and dedicated servers as well as email hosting and domain registration. (Wikipedia.org)
SiteGround is rated as the top website hosting and domain registering platform in 2017 Facebook poll as well as in 2016 Facebook poll in the top WordPress hosting group. SiteGround provides services like shared hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS, reseller hosting, to dedicated servers and enterprise hosting. All the plans that are provided by SiteGround are all based on SSDs, making the websites load times faster and more accessible. Most importantly SiteGround is recommended by WORDPRESS, JOOMLA and DURPAL.
The top features SiteGround web hosting service includes the following that attracts users and convinces them to buy SiteGround services rather than going to any other platform.
RECOMMENDED BY TOP COMPANIES
SiteGround is recommended by top companies like WordPress, joomla and durpal. Many of the web professionals also prefer SiteGround for website hosting and domain registrations due to its un countable features. According to the polls created in the facebook groups the SiteGround topped in all the polls showing the users are more satisfied and prefer SiteGround services rather than other.
The website loading speed and responsiveness is an important factor in website hosting. The more your server speed is faster the faster the website will load and take less time. It depends on the hosting provider you selected and the servers they are using. SiteGround all packages includes SSDs for storing the website data and the servers are more faster than the simple ones.
- The website loading time is reduced and if SiteGround is hosting your website it will be in 0.2-0.3 seconds according to the speed tester, BYTE CHECK.
- In GTmetrix the loading time is from 1 to 2 seconds for a homepage
- In pingdom the loading time is in milliseconds.
So Sitegroud loads more faster than the other web hosting services. If the website loading time is more than your website will not rise top in any of the category, because the users are very impatient they want the website to be opened as they press enter. In recent researches it is made clear that if your website is not loading within 3 seconds the user will jump to something more faster – the longer your website takes the more you lose the users.
The SiteGround platform is using advanced technologies to make website loading times more faster.
- 1st thing is they use SSDs (Solid State Drives) which are thousand times more faster than the regular drives. All the data is stored in SSDs in SiteGround servers.
- 2nd technology is NGINX web server technology which helps to speed up the loading time of a static webpage.
- 3rd one is the Web Caching which is an important aspect in loading dynamic content from the website. SiteGround has made its own mechanisms for caching and loading faster.
- 4th technology they are using is Free Content Delivery Network (CDN) and HTTP/2 and PHP7 which makes the loading times more less and make your webpages accessible around the globe.
In SiteGround website hosting you will also get the WORDPRESS hosting with all the packages. WordPress is powering almost 60% web content worldwide, hence it’s the most popular Content Management System (CMS). There are many features of SiteGround that are related to WordPress hosting, some of them are as follow:
- SiteGrounds’ all the plans are fully managed by WordPress hosting.
- You’ll get regular automatic WordPress updates ensuring you have the latest version of WordPress installed.
- Automatic updates of the WordPress plugins is also provided on all the plans of SiteGround.
- SiteGround team protects from the WordPress vulnerabilities and write WAF updates.
- Speed technologies make WordPress sites load more earlier than others.
Almost everyday thousands of websites are breached and hacked, making security a major concern for the website holders.
SiteGround offers one of the best security features that are listed below:
- The website created on SiteGround is made isolated and site isolation makes it sure that the website is not negatively impacted whenever there is a security breach on any website on the server. Its just like a hosting firewall that protects your website from the attackers.
- SiteGrounds servers support HTTP/2 technology, which is the most secure.
- All the users of SiteGround hosting get the feature of Web application Firewall (WAF) which hold the attackers away from breaching.
- SiteGround users receives Proactive Patches when new threats are present.
- SiteGround randomly runs viruses and malware scans and send the reports to the users.
SiteGround provides best customer support services. Whenever the user faces any issue the customer support team is available 24/7 and gives the response in less than 10 minutes.
This feature makes SiteGround service stand out from others. Also, they provide live chat and calls 24 hrs. and are very responsive. Phone support is also available and provides instant replies within a matter of a minute. While others make you wait for hours and days to reply your query.
So, this feature makes the clients love them and give best reviews for their service.
- SiteGround guarantee 99.996% uptime around the year and 99.999% uptime around a month. So, your website will be on the internet and the chances of going down are the least.
- The loading time is very less for the websites.
- The server response time is very fast as compared to others.
- There are multiple data centers around the globe rather than having just one. (Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Milan, Singapore)
- Daily website backup service is also provided by SiteGround so they backup your site on daily basis.
- SiteGround services are the transparent ones and users can trust it without any issue.
- They accept multiple currencies and are globally reachable.
- The website security is the state-of-the-art security and protects the data and websites.
- Customer service is awesome and it responds within minutes and available 24/7.
- SiteGround provides free site migration services which can be used easily to migrate your site from one host to other.
- Cloudflare CDN is included in all plans of SiteGround.
- Data storage on the servers is limited according to the plans.
- Number of site visits are limited to a figure per month.
- StartUp: $3.95/month
- GrowBig: $5.95/month
- GoGeek: $11.95/month